UON is a Western Australian integrated energy company that provides turnkey solutions to the local resources sector and beyond. In 2021, the company reached a landmark of 1,000,000-hour accident-free operations on-site! This was to mark the tremendous milestone, UON approached ASB.
UON wanted to create an appreciation gift pack for every employee and have them delivered to each of their offices across Australia. This was to mark the safety milestone of 1,000,000-hours accident-free operations on-site.
Selecting the right products
There were three distinct audiences to cater tor; the site crew, office-based team members and workshop crew. Therefore in conceptual stage, two distinct packs were proposed to the client, with slight adjustments to ensure that the recipient was happy.
The packs all contained the following;
- Hoodie: A fleece-lined hoodie suitable for casual workwear occasions.
- Beanie: AS Colour knitted beanie (AS Colour is a loved and recognised premium fashion brand that creates durable items and has a socially responsible approach to fashion.
- Water Bottle: A high-quality, powder-coated and vacuum insulated water bottle that can be carried at work or in the free time.
- Lunch Bag: A Rugged Xtremes insulated crib bag for lunch bags. It’s waterproof, laminated PVC and well-insulated to keep lunch and drinks cold throughout the day
- Custom Duffle bag (s) : Two different versions were created to suit the working environment for individuals;
- Heavy-duty: Made of heavy PVC to withstand the extreme conditions on-site and the fly-in-fly-out challenges
- Light: Made of lighter materials, but still robust.
In addition to the items above, two bags were produced, tailored to different daily work environments;
- Crew bag: Rugged Xtremes Offshore Crew Bag was selected for the crew working in rugged conditions on site. It’s light enough for air travel and strong enough to withstand rough handling, constant temperature changes and being packed and repacked on a regular basis.
- Custom backpack: Rugged Xtremes backpack, customised to suit
Getting the right pack to each team member
ASB hand-packed and labelled each of the packs in the duffle bag with the correct-sized hoodie and appropriate selection of items and delivered them to the right offices across Australia.
This was a two-month project from beginning to end. From initial meetings, leading to design concepts, sourcing Australian based suppliers, procuring the goods, packing them in our warehouse into individual packs for every employee, labelling them and then distributing them to site offices across Australia.
I have worked with ASB for a number of years. During this time I have found ASB to be very professional in both consultations and providing design ideas from concept through to execution. The ASB team has delivered a number of projects on time and within the budget with the results showing the UON brand to the wider mining audience.
Mark Keogh – UON Chairman
UON expressed that their brand profile was raised due to becoming clearly recognisable when travelling through airports and transiting to and from various sites. This created a lot of interest in and around UON, stimulating high levels of consumer engagement. The company loyalty was strengthened within the teams too. The packs were different, and created with a focus on attractiveness, quality, versatile usability and durability.